Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Ramadan Mubarak!

Hello!

So Ramadan has begun and its going smooth so far. Its day 3 and I think for the most part I think its mostly mental but however it does have a lot to do with the energy levels that you have.  Its hard to keep pushing and pushing when you're feeling drained! I feel that the eating part is not hard once you have done it a couple days but its the energy level that comes down and you suffer at work.  Fasting isn't hard when you are at home and can relax and sleep most of the day off.

You also have to keep in mind that you are making an effort to refrain from foul language, gossip and bad behavior.  That is probably much harder than the not eating part of the fast.  I have noticed myself cursing and using bad words when I know better and this can really be a good lesson for the whole year when trying to kick a bad habit.  I mean if you can refrain from it for 30 days then you can really refrain from it forever.

This month is really a great time to learn more about yourself and plan for the upcoming year.  How can I improve and how can I change the mistakes that I made from last year.  What can I do differently so that my sins are less and my good deeds are more.  Connecting with god and making that bond stronger (no matter what religion you are) and deeper.  I know that Allah is forgiving and if one has really hurt and upset and is asking for forgiveness then that person will be granted their dua's and be forgiven.  But you have to be real about it and change.

I recently started following this tumblr of all stuff Islamic related and I wanted to share a couple of the postings that I enjoyed. Hope ya'll do too~


xoxo
fati

"And know that victory comes with patience and that relief comes with hardship.”
— Prophet Muhammad (SAW)
Allah knows the struggle against my nafs and I have never felt more in need of Ramadan than this year. May Allah give us strength and relief to overcome our hardships and allow us to continue steadfast on the deen for when the month is over.
May this beautiful month heal our broken hearts and blackened souls and be a turning point for the better.
Please forgive me if I have ever caused any of you any harm or disrespect whether it be knowingly or unknowingly. I am sincerely sorry and I love you all for the sake of Allah.
Ramadan Mubarak 😊✌keep the Ummah in your duas and stay blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment